As pet owners, it's our responsibility to ensure our furry friends have a healthy planet to enjoy. But let's be honest, they're the true rulers of our homes, and as their loyal subjects we are responsible for keeping them happy! Luckily, going green with your pup can be easy and fun.
Here are five simple ways to reduce your carbon pawprint:
1. Choose Sustainable Pet Products: Look for products that are made with recycled materials or made with renewable and biodegradable materials like organic cotton or hemp. Consider investing in Awoo's recycled leashes and collars, which are made from recycled consumer plastic.
2. Canine Crate Training: Reduce your environmental pawprint by investing in a crate for your puppy. It's a great way to cut down on waste from disposable pee pads and paper training. Plus, crate training can help reduce separation anxiety and keep your home clean and tidy. It's best to introduce crates during the puppy stage but it's really never too late to better your pup's environment with their own safe space. We recommend crates from woman-owned brand, Kindtail.
3. Make Homemade Treats: Skip the store-bought treats and make your own! You can use natural ingredients like pumpkin, peanut butter, and oats to create delicious treats for your pup. If you're baking-challenged then opt out of using the oven and whip up recipes on your Awoo Lick Mat. Pop into the freezer for later. No baking necessary. Not only are these also a great way to reduce packaging waste, but you can also ensure that your pup is eating healthier treats.
4. Adopt a Plant-Based Diet for Your Dog: Did you know that meat production is one of the biggest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions? Consider replacing one meal for your pup to plant-based. There are many options available, and your pup can still get all the nutrients they need. Our favorites are Chippin and Wilder Harrier.
5. Reduce Plastic Toy Waste: Prioritize offering plastic-free toys made from organic and natural materials like Awoo’s line of Felt toys. Another option is to repurpose old items into toys for your pup. An old t-shirt can easily become a tug toy, and an empty cardboard box can provide hours of entertainment for your pup.
Let's show Mother Nature some love, and our furry friends too! By taking small steps towards an eco-friendlier lifestyle, we can help make the world a better place for our pets, and for ourselves. So, let's roll up our sleeves, wag those tails, and create a more sustainable future together!