Looking for a healthy and organic treat for your furry friend? Look no further than the Dog+Me Treats created by Citrine Kitchen exclusively for Awoo's Winter Solstice Box. This easy recipe offers a plethora of healing benefits for both you and your sidekick. With the option to add or subtract ingredients as needed, this recipe is versatile and customizable to your preferences.
Makes around 20-30 treats depending on mold/cookie scoop.
- 1 small sweet potato (sub: 1/2 cup pumpkin puree)
- 1 apple (sub: 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce)
- 4 cups almond meal (sub: 3 cups oats/oat flour)
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses (sub: maple)
- 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Tocos (Vitamin E boost)** optional
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil for glaze. Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cut up and steam sweet potato and apple (removing the core/seeds first) until cooked.
- Add sweet potato and apple to a food processor, along with all the remaining ingredients and mix into a cookie batter. If it feels too liquid, slowly add in more almond meal/oats/oat flour or a combo of all.
- Roll out the batter onto a piece of parchment paper. Cut into whatever shape you like, or use a 1oz cookie scoop.
- Bake on 350F for 15 minutes on each side.
- Allow to cool down, drizzle in a little coconut oil.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.