Happy Earth Week Awoo Pack! It’s no surprise, we love Earth Day over here at Awoo. It’s right up there with National Puppy Day for us.
Every year, we celebrate Earth Day by reflecting on our personal habits and committing to realistic lifestyle changes that will reduce our environmental impact. (It’s like a New Year’s resolution without the inevitable failure to exercise more or curse less.) But who says it has to be all serious business? Celebrating Earth Day with your best pal can be both fun and sustainable. Here are five creative ways you can celebrate with your pup:
- Take a Hike! Literally. Take a stroll in a local park or nature reserve with your pup. Enjoy the fresh air, natural scenery, and wildlife together. It's a great way to appreciate the beauty of our planet and get some exercise.
- Plant Something: Planting a tree, shrub, vegetable garden, wildflowers, clover grass, etc… is a great way to give back to the planet. Consider planting something in your yard or in a local park (if allowed). Make sure to choose a native species that's suitable for your climate.
- Pick Up Litter: Help clean up your neighborhood by grabbing a bag and hitting the streets with your trusty sidekick. Pick up any litter you come across, and feel free to mark your territory along the way. Remember to dispose of everything properly!
- Doggy Upcycling: Take old pet accessories, like collars or leashes, and give them a new life by returning them to Awoo as a part of their rePAWpose program. Each item returned or donated to a shelter in need earns store credit towards your next Awoo purchase.
- Support Eco-Friendly Pet Brands: Choose pet products that are made with sustainable materials, like Awoo's recycled leashes and collars. Opt for eco-friendly pet toys made from natural or biodegradable materials. They're not only better for the planet but safer for your pup.
By celebrating Earth Day with your dog, you're not only helping the environment, but you're also strengthening your bond with your best friend. So grab your pup, and let's make our planet a cleaner, greener, and more pawsome place to live! Don't forget to mark your territory along the way (but dispose of everything properly, of course).